Goodwin's Theory With Hybrid Music Videos
Hybrid music videos involve a combination of 3 different types of music video media. This combination involves concept, narrative and performance. The reason that hybrid music videos have become so popular is because they provide a variety of elements within the video. Previously, music videos just contained performances or told a story line, but now, hybrid videos give you everything. The example which I have chosen which best demonstrates a hybrid music video is Kelly Clarkson's 'Since U Been Gone'. The reason that I picked this music video is because of it's combination of narrative and performance. Firstly, the lyrics say 'Here's the thing, we started off friends', a picture of Kelly holding the friendship bracelet appears on the screen. This is an example of narrative within the video because a story is forming along with the lyrics. The next thing that I am discuss is how the hybrid is formed. As the narrative video goes on throughout the video...
Comments
Post a Comment